Last Updated on November 2, 2023 by Louisa
Are you a book lover who wants to show the world how much you love reading? Then you might be wanting to share some of your favorite book covers, reading pics, or book reels on Instagram.
But don’t just wow your audience with a snazzy picture or video, accompany your beautiful creation with some insightful captions about reading.
We love reading book Instagram captions, which is why we have put together a list of 100 of them.
From funny jokes to iconic book quotes to unique book captions that you won’t see anywhere else – these captions will be sure to captivate your audience.
We can all lack some inspiration sometimes, or can’t quite think how to phrase what we want to say. But don’t worry, because we’ve got the ultimate list of 100 Instagram captions for book lovers below!
Unique Book Captions for Instagram
If you want to dazzle your followers with something unique and never seen before, then consider using one of our own reading captions for Instagram (yes, I can be creative too!)
- Curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea is one of life’s little pleasures #booklovers – by Epic Book Society
- Hit me with your best books! I’m always looking for new reads #booksarelife – by Epic Book Society
- Reading expands the mind, broadens the horizons, and opens up the world to new possibilities – by Epic Book Society
- What’s better than being lost in a good book? #nothingbetter – by Epic Book Society
- Books are like friends – you can never have too many! #bookhoarder – by Epic Book Society
- A library is a treasure trove of knowledge waiting to be discovered! #discoverknowledge – by Epic Book Society
- New books, old books, any books…I’ll take them all! #bookaddict – by Epic Book Society
- Don’t judge a book by its cover – dive into it to discover hidden gems! #readmorebooks – by Epic Book Society
- Come join me on my journey through an amazing world of books! #readingjourney – by Epic Book Society
- Don’t just read the words – explore the possibilities that they bring! #explorethroughwords – by Epic Book Society
- Fuel your curiosity by reading more books! 📚 #bookworm – by Epic Book Society
- With each page turned, a new journey begins – enjoy the adventure! ☺️#booklovers – by Epic Book Society
- There’s a reason I get lost in books, the real world sucks! #Bookaholic – by Epic Book Society
- Make free time fun again by exploring the hidden gems inside of your favorite book – get creative and let the stories inspire you! 😊#storytime #forever free – by Epic Book Society
- I love my boyfriend, but sometimes I wish my book boyfriend was real! #SorryNotSorry – by Epic Book Society
Funny Book Captions for Instagram
We all love a funny book! So let’s tell our social media followers this with a funny caption for book lovers!
- Why did the girl keep buying so many books? Because she had no shelf control!
- Knock Knock!
Read Ann who?
Read Ann-y good books lately?
- Do you ever feel like you’ve spent too much time reading lately? Yeah, me neither.
- I’m not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter.
- There are but twenty-six letters in the English alphabet, yet I must have read a quadrillion words.
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- Books or brains? How about both!
- Never read Fitzgerald? You Gatsby kidding me!
- Dystopian novels are so 1984.
- It’s books and booze night. I should I say, Tequila Mockingbird.
- When I think about books, I touch my shelf.
- A house without books is like a room without windows. Dark and boring.
Book Captions for Reading Books for Instagram
If you’re looking for a caption for a book reading pic, then these are the best captions about reading a book…
- Stay true to your shelf.
- Bookworms take shelfies.
- If anyone needs me, I’ll be reading. Please don’t need me.
- I was the kid who got in trouble for reading past her bedtime and for reading when the teacher was talking.
- Keep reading. It’s one of the most marvelous adventures anyone can have.
- Reading is dreaming with eyes open.
- So many books, so little time.
- Let’s get lost in a world made of books, coffee, and rainy days.
- I can go and be happy now.
- Wherever I am, as long as I have a book with me, I know I am home.
Reading Book Quotes for Instagram
Is your new Insta pic of you reading a book? Then you’ll want to use one of these book reading quotes for Instagram to go with it!
- “I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- “Books were my pass to personal freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus
- “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.” – How Reading Changed My Life by Anna Quindlen
- “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – On Writing by Stephen King
- “In the end, we’ll all become stories.” – Moral Disorder and Other Stories by Margaret Atwood
- “Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.” – George R.R. Martin
- “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.” – The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- “Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.” – Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Novel by Jane Smiley
- “The library is inhabited by spirits that come out of the pages at night.” – Isabel Allende
Caption for New Book Reading Pic
Are you looking for captions for book reading pictures? Then use one of these captions underneath your book pic on Instagram and tell the world!
- My weekend is fully booked.
- I like big books and I cannot lie.
- This weekend is going to be LITerary.
- Prose before hoes.
- Treat yo shelves.
- I bought a new book again, I have no shelf control.
- I live for books.
- A new book is like a gift you get to receive over and over again.
- My workout is reading until my arms fall off.
- The most comfortable place for a tired mind is in the lap of a book.
- I bought a new book today, so… see you in a week.
Girl Reading Book Captions for Instagram
Are you a girl searching for a caption for a booking reading pic? Then you’ll want to use one of these captions for a book reading pic.
- Nothing fuels the imagination better than a fairytale
- There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.
- A good book has no ending.
- There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
- I live in fantasies, and I’m okay with that.
- I’ve got a confession: I’m kind of a bookaholic.
- I’m all booked up this weekend, sorry.
- Don’t you love it when you find a book you can’t put down?
- Don’t mind me, I’m just busy getting lost… in a book.
Book Lover Quotes for Instagram
If you’re a book lover and you want to prove to the world how much you love books, then there’s no better way to do that than by quoting one of your favourite books on Instagram!
If you need more inspiration on book quotes, then you might find these Our Chemical Hearts quotes moving and enlightening.
These are some of the most inspiring book quote captions for Instagram Captions.
- “If it is right, it happens—the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.” – John Steinbeck
- “In love there are two things—bodies and words.” Joyce Carol Oates
- “We love the things we love for what they are.” Robert Frost
- “It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.” – The Witches by Roald Dahl
- “The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.” – The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- “You don’t have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.” – Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- “Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” – The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – C.S. Lewis
- “I love the smell of book ink in the morning.” – Umberto Eco
- “Words were different when they lived inside of you.” – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Short Book Captions for Instagram
Some of us don’t have all day to read a caption, so if you’re looking for short book quotes for Instagram, check out these simple book lover quotes.
- Bookmarks are for quitters.
- Books are food for the brain.
- Hold on – just one more page.
- DTF – Down to read fiction.
- You’ll find me in the library.
- In the end, we’ll all become stories.
- Stay in and read? What a novel idea.
- Happiness is a juicy read.
- A book is a gift you can open again and again.
- I believe in the magic of books.
- I’m all booked up this weekend.
- If you need me, I’ll be over here reading.
Aesthetic Book Captions
Did you buy a pretty book and want to show off the spangly cover? Then you love these aesthetic book captions…
- That’s a fine-looking book, mind if I check you out?
- You have fine written all over you.
- Never judge a book by its cover…but dangggg
- Some believe the person chooses the book, but this book chose me.
- The only item in my make up bag is this book.
- How rare it is to find a book as beautiful as you.
- There’s a reason books don’t wear heels, they’d be too pretty.
- All I need is sun, sleep, and a pretty book.
- Who needs a man when a book can look this good?
- This book cover is LIT.
Why Use Book Captions?
When it comes to captivating your audience, a good caption that tells your audience more about the picture or video is a great way to boost engagement and keep your followers, well, following.
Using quotes on social media is not only a great way to express your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs, but they also give your followers a little bit of your personality.
According to an article by Social Media Today, quotes can help your audience relate to your brand and to you.
We can all agree that well-crafted captions about books are memorable and sometimes even thought-provoking.
As such, they open up conversations between you and your followers, as well as make your content stand out amongst the abundance of posts found on social media.
If your goal is to grow your social media following, then adding a book quote about reading to your caption could increase your chance of the post being shared.
Even if we’re not all trying to be Bookstagrammers, there can be no doubt that sharing a book caption can open up a conversation about books you’ve read and start a discussion about your favorite authors.
Related post: Book Questions for Bookstagram
Like this post? Don’t forget to save it on Pinterest!
So there you have it, our top 100 book captions! Whether you’re looking for a meaningful quote from an acclaimed author or you just want something short and snappy, we hope you managed to find a caption that speaks to you.
Our personal favorites are the funny book captions for Instagram. They’ll have your followers howling!
Captions are a great way to connect with your audience and grow your social following, so if there’s one tip for Bookstagrammers to follow, it’s to make sure you choose a captivating caption!
If you can think of any more captions that are not on my list, let me know in the comments!