I am pleased to be hosting Christina Bauer on today’s Xpresso Book Tours where we’ll be interviewing her about her new book, Lady Reaper, which is part of the Angelbound series.
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored post in conjunction with Xpresso Book Tours. It may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
About the Book:
- Title: Angelbound LADY REAPER, Book 10 in the Angelbound Origins Series
- Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
- Format: eBook
- View it on: Amazon | Apple | Kobo | Nook | GooglePlay
Young Myla and Lincoln Kick Ass and Take Names in This Prequel Novella for REAPER GAMES!
A part-demon girl fights Lady Reaper
Myla Lewis is a sixteen-year old part-demon girl who fights evil souls in Purgatory’s Arena… and she’s always on the lookout for a good chance to fight evil.
A SUH-weet battle opportunity appears with Lady Reaper, the famous ghoulette who wields both a scythe and nefarious intensions. Myla discovers Lady Reaper will hide inside the Demon Woods ‘ride’ at Purgatory’s Annual Lust Festival.
Time to visit the fest, kick ass and take names, right? Wrong. Lady Reaper has other plans for Myla and her bestie, Cissy…
A part-angel prince faces the Grim Reaper
Lincoln is a seventeen-year-old part-angel prince who protects humans from the denizens of Hell. On a routine trip to Earth, Lincoln uncovers clues that his best friend, Walker, might be allied to an evil ghoul named the Grim Reaper. Things go downhill from there…
***A 20,000-word novella***
In which Myla Lewis kicks ass and takes names. Nuff said.
5. The Dark Lands
6. The Brutal Time
8. Quasi Redux
9. Clockwork Igni
10. Lady Reaper
11. Reaper Games
12. Angry Gods
Interview with Christina Bauer
Ahead of the release of Lady Reaper, we chatted with Christina about the new release. Here’s what we spoke about…
1) Lady Reaper is the 10th book in the Angelbound series. What can we expect from Lady Reaper and how is it different from the other books of the series?
The short answer: In this book, we explore secrets related to Myla’s best friend, Cissy, and her honorary older brother, Walker! Cissy gets married and shows some new ‘powers’ of her own.
At the same time, we find out Walker’s true history. And it all ties into some secretly evil stuff being done by none other than Regina and Grim Reaper.
Originally, this book was going to be super-long, but I got Covid and ended up splitting the novel into two parts, Lady Reaper (Book 10) and Reaper Games (Book 11).
2) How do you find inspiration to create a series that goes on for over 10 books? Did you ever feel like you were done with the story at one point or did you plan to write eleven books from the beginning? I find it mind-blowing to think that someone can have such a wide imagination! (in a good way).
Every book I write—and there are more than forty-five of them now—has a unique mini-world in it, like the world of the Reapers in this one. And they also have their own sub-characters and rules associated.
Every time I start a book, I think, this is it. I’ve jumped the shark, I’m out of ideas. And by the end I think, this is it, I’m done, it’s over. And then I start all over again. As long as readers support my unique worlds and voices, I think I’ll keep writing!
3) You’re website says you’re currently doing a master’s in history at Harvard – how is that going? Has it been difficult to balance studying and writing your novels?
Thanks for asking! I’m halfway through my first semester and have gotten an A and an A- on my first two papers. So far, so good! I like having something else to focus on. I find I’m sharper when I get back to Angelbound.
4) When did you decide you wanted to become an author? What or who was your main inspiration for picking up the pen?
My aunt Sandy was an author, so I always knew I wanted to be like her. I started writing and telling stories from age six onward. I feel so lucky to have people out there who want to read them!
5) It’s said that only 3% of writers who set out to write a book actually finish. You have a lot of books under your belt! So what advice would you give to any aspiring authors out there who are thinking about throwing in the towel?
The stories in your soul can only be brought into the world by you. Share them, please.
6) You write sci-fi, fantasy and teen fictions, as well as adult novels under a pseudonym – which is your favorite genre to write? How do you find inspiration for each genre?
For inspiration, I read a lot, so that helps. I’m also really careful about what I put in my head, because if I’m reading or watching the same things as everyone else, then I’ll sound like them.
For whatever reason, sounding like everyone else is my nightmare. In terms of my favorite genre, I think fantasy is where my heart lies. It’s great to create worlds as your job!
About the Author:
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too.
Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby. She loves to connect with her fans at BauersBooks.com.
Stalk Christina on Social Media – She Loves It!
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Want to win a print copy of Lady Reaper? Enter the raffle below!
–Echoing Books >> Playlist
–fundinmental >> Guest Post
–TBR Addictions >> Review
–TTC Books and more >> Interview
–Living in a Bookworld >>Excerpt
–The Book Junkie Reads . . . >> Review
–Lady Hawkeye >> Excerpt
–Jazzy Book Reviews >> Excerpt
–Ilovebooksandstuffblog >> Excerpt
–breen.rb >> Review
–The Pursuit Of Bookiness >> Interview
–Celticlady’s Reviews >> Excerpt
–Lynn’s Romance Enthusiasm >> Excerpt
–fortunareads >> Review
–Epic Book Society >> Interview
–Haddie’s Haven >> Excerpt
–What Is That Book About >> Guest Post
–The Avid Reader >> Review
–Angel’s Guilty Pleasures >> Excerpt
–Fiona Reads & FoodSpots >> Review
–Valerie Ullmer | Romance Author >> Excerpt
Last Updated on March 26, 2023 by Louisa
1 thought on “Interview: Christina Bauer on Lady Reaper [Xpresso Book Tours]”
Thanks for hosting today, Louisa!